Thursday 3 November 2011

St, John's College, Cambridge

I was asked to photograph the Beaufort Society event at St John's College on Saturday and what an event it was! It started with a champagne reception. I had the chance to take a portrait of all of the distinguished guests as they arrived.



After an official welcome, the guests took their seats in the amazing Great Hall for lunch. They were entertained by guest speaker and alumnus, Frederic Raphael who, among other achievements, wrote the screenplay for 'Far from the Madding Crowd'.




This was followed with a performance by music graduates from the college. You could hear a pin drop!



After lunch, the guests enjoyed tours of the college and talks by the Catering Manager, Bursar and Senior Lecturers.




A favourite for me was the portrait tour by Dr Nicholls. He was a truly inspirational presenter.





The day rounded up with tea in the Master's Lodge. A real privilege for me. I did wonder where the telly was, though...I'm sure a condition for the master hosting such an event in he and his wife's home was that we were all turfed out in time for XFactor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment